[pct-l] Pack weight to body weight ratio...

I'll probably start seeking a propper weight with out the %ages of body weight. The 50% of body weight does seem a bit steep. In the end I'll probably settle on a %age of body weight.
I am getting back into backpacking after a long long absence. Did go on a very short day hike with one person on the list, and lately I've become very active communicating on the list. I am here to learn, but I wonder what perceptions I've been leaving.

Kraig