[pct-l] pct where?

In Riverside County the PCT generally follows the crest of the San Jacinto
Mountains. It avoids the big cities (thankfully!). Trail work closer to home
can be very rewarding, and it's certainly easier to get there, esp. in the
winter.

Cross-country skis, and snowshoes, are ok on the trail, as they are neither
wheeled nor motorized. They can be mandatory in the mountains during some
months.

Finally, you should get a map if you plan any hikes on the PCT. The
guidebooks are available from the Pacific Crest Trail Association at
www.pcta.org

AsABat