From: "Kraig Mottar" <kraig.mottar@verizon.net>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 11:34 AM
Subject: [pct-l] training

I appreciate and respect what everyone says on this subject. You are more
experienced than I. Well, that is the assumption.
I'm not a total novice, but close. I have hiked/walked, probably as much as
8-10 hours in a day, maybe that for 3-4 days in a row, so, that's probably
16-20 or 24-30 miles; the formula there is 2 mph or 3 mph. I don't know my
exact speed.

In training I'm thinking "just do it". If you have higher expectations than
you can meet no big deal, you can always rest when you get tired.

Another idea is doubling distance each day/time, of course until doubling
becomes impossible, or add a mile each day/time.

Add anything you think I need to know.Please feel free to ad anything you
think I need to know.

Kraig