[pct-l] Pink Motel... no more

In a message dated 12/28/2004 2:13:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Bighummel@aol.com writes:

> I just spoke with Don Middleton regarding the old trail registers.  He says
>
> that he has records going back to 1988 when they opened the Pink Motel to
> hikers.

Hmmm.  Unless I'm forgeting, that the Pink Motel was even there prior to '99
is news to me.  I don't recall it ever being mentioned here on the list or in
the guidebook, databook or town guide.  Excepting for that little sign, on a
post, a half mile from the place, was it a well kept secret?

Sly