[pct-l] Re: Isn't Hiking Free?

Not sure if this applies to your situation or not.  However when I was
working (or trying to work), I always filed an income tax return even if
my income was too low to require filing. Such a return lets the IRS know
that you haven't "forgotten" to file and may prevent your name from
popping up on a suspicious list or whatever.

Back in the old, old days when there was income tax averaging, I filed
for the years when I was in the Navy and had no taxable income. These
returns came in handy later to substantiate that I met the requirements
for my later averaging. LIke most things in life, planning for taxes
isn't perfect but it sure can help.

My 2?.

John