[pct-l] Hilleberg Tent

Jason Waicunas typed:
> Has anyone used a Hilleberg Nallo 2 or any other Hilleberg tent?

I have a Hilleberg Nallo 2GT tent. (The Nallo 2GT is a Nallo 2 with an
extra-large vestibule.) I think it's a wonderful tent, but I also think
it's somewhat of a special-purpose tent.

I've owned this tent for about two years, but I've only used it on one
trip, for two nights. This tent's weakness is ventilation. It would be
excellent for deep-winter trips, but here in the California Sierra, the
temperatures rarely get cold enough nor the conditions severe enough to
require this full-coverage winter tent. If I was still living in MN, it
would get much more use.

The construction appears to be flawless.  The "Kerlon" fabric appears to
be a highest-quality sil-nylon. The pitch is tight and results in a very
sturdy shelter. The feature allowing you to pitch the outer fly first, and
the inner screen and breathable tent later from within, could be terribly
handy in adverse conditions. It does take a lot of stakes to pitch it
correctly -- something like 14.

For the right conditions, I would highly recommend this tent. My Nallo
2GT, in absolutely new condition, is for sale. But since it is
indistinguishable from new, I'm asking 80% of it's original purchase
price.