[pct-l] July snow pack between Tuolumne Meadows and Lake Tahoe

> In the Pacific Crest Trail data book, it says to take the snowpack on
> Sonora Pass and divide by 3.5 and this is the start date in June (e.g.
> 49" snow/3.5 = June 14)...Does anyone know how 'they' arrived at this
> formula? And who are 'they' anyway??

I dunno how they cam up with this, but they mabe measurement equipment
all over the sierras and they record snow depth at several times every
year.  some of the sites are measured daily.  I bet that the figure
quoted is just an average of the measurments.

that being said, it doesnt mean a whole lot if it is an average.  The
snowpack could be 200% one year and 50% the next.  You will just have
to be patient and see how the winter pans out.

peace,
dude