[pct-l] Tents

Hi Brian/Miranda,

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Miranda Levin wrote:

> For people who have the Tarptent, did you get the sewn-in flooring?

I got the Squall (2 person tent) with sewn in floor. It is a really nice 1
person tent (in the rain, plus gear). I feel it is a little small for two
people (at least in the rain, otherwise it is fine).

> The bug protection would be nice, but then it seems you would have to
> carry a separate ground cover for nights out.

Depends on your sleeping pad. Ground cloth's might be overrated. On the
other hand Gossamer gear has some very light, inexpensive options.

Thinking of it, the sewn in floor keeps the dirt out pretty nicely. I can
also keep the water in. On one or two occasions it kept ants out. But more
often it only serves as psychological assurance for the fears of my hiking
partners.

Ilja.