[pct-l] PCT Financial Planning

"large sum in the bank"...

I'm sorry, I'm a teacher. I'm not familiar with this phrase.

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Kraig Mottar
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2004 7:50 PM
To: keith.drury@indwes.edu; Wayne Kraft; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: RE: [pct-l] PCT Financial Planning

Have a "just do it attitude". Hiking for long distances should be a way to
lose weight. No all you can eat buffets, and the few times you hit towns
that have all you can eat buffets, the pounds will come off soon, and the
calories and carbs will do you good as you will need them. If it is a severe
weight problem, the speed will be slow in the begining, and you will feel
like gloating about your speed in the last legs of the journey.

This is certainly the subject to bring up this question I have. It seems to
me, and tell me if I'm wrong or anything, that hiking, especially if you
live of nature as much as possible, and that may not always be a choice, if
back in your home town you have a normal to large sum in the bank,
compounding interest might do its thing and you may return off the journey a
richer person.

Kraig