[pct-l] fishing story

I know I might be getting awfully far removed from the PCT but with all this talk of fishing it reminded me of a happening in my childhood.

My father and brother (in about 1955) were fishing in the Klamath River (N. CA) leaving my mother and I to sit in the car.

My mother was determined I was going to have an enjoyable outing also, and rigged me up with a "pole"  (a branch from a tree) and "hock" (a safety pin from her purse).  I do not remember what, if anything we used as bait, but sure enough, that is the true story of how I caught my first fish at the age of about 7 years.  One of my most exciting childhood memories.

Thanks for listening,

JoAnn