[pct-l] Nuplse North Face Jacket

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:14:10 EST, <Lonetrail@aol.com> wrote:

> ... I been thinking of buying the Nuptse North Face Jacket for winter
> backpacking ... I expect it to act also as a  wind breaker.

TNF's web page says, "Fabric (body): Z-ripstop nylon fabric
Insulation: 700 fill down
Lining: Downproof nylon taffeta fabric"
none of which impress me for wind breaking.

But it also says the jacket as a whole is "Zip-In Compatible," apparently
a term of art:
"Many of our jackets and vests zip into each other to create a one-piece
insulated outer layer. ... Zip-in one of our fleece or insulated styles
into one of our shell jackets to create a one-piece insulated outer layer
- you pick the pieces to fit the conditions.  Compatible zipper lengths
match up the outer shell with the insulating layer.  Jacket cuffs are
secured together with a loop and snap closure system to prevent shifting
and twisting."

Perhaps combining this jacket with a windbreaking shell would be a great
combination for cold and windy weather.

--
Jeffrey Neil Zimmerman
Sonoma County, The Left Coast