[pct-l] Bush is my shepherd

Bush is my shepherd; I dwell in want.

>He maketh logs to be cut down in national forests.

>He leadeth trucks into the still wilderness.

>He restoreth my fears.

>He leadeth me in the paths of international disgrace for his ego's
sake.

>Yea, though I walk through the valley of pollution and war,I will find

>no exit, for thou art in office. Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy

>media control, they discomfort me. Thou preparest an agenda of

>deception in the presence of thy religion. Thou anointest my head with

>foreign oil. My health insurance runneth out.

>Surely megalomania and false patriotism shall follow me all the days of
thy term,

>And my jobless child shall dwell in my basement forever.

Bush is my President and even though I voted for him I will not follow
him like a lamb.
I too "dwell in want" because that is the human condition.  We try to
harmoniously balance our "wants" with the NEEDS of those we are
obligated to (spouse, children, parents, tax-collecting governmental
entities, etc.) and our own needs.  If you are not in want, you are
either dead physically or spiritually.
I wish he had started cutting the bark beetle infested trees in SoCal
before they burned and destroyed hundreds of homes last year.  The NFS
has to balance the "wants" of a plethora of groups.  Considering that
the logging industry is at most a quarter of the size it was a
generation ago, I suspect there are still a few trees standing
somewhere.
As a backpacker, I enjoy wilderness as much as anyone and have spent
some time in wilderness in CA and Montana over the past several years.
I haven't seen a truck yet, but maybe others on this list have.
What "fears"?
I was born in Sweden, and all my extended family still lives there.
Frankly, I don't give a damn what any of them think of the US.  Thirty
years ago Swedes were all blonde and blue eyed.  Now with 10% of the
population foreign born, they are concerned about immigration and
preserving Swedish values.  Sixty years ago they allowed Nazi troop
trains to use their rail system so Norwegians could be slaughtered.
Don't get me started on the French and Germans.
"Valley of pollution" - forty years ago as a child in Los Angeles I
remember my lungs burning often from smog when hiking in the hills or
playing baseball.  My kids have only experienced that problem once or
twice in their lives, despite the population being more than double what
it was back then.
"Thou annointest my head with foreign oil".  I'm SHOCKED to hear that we
are importing oil into this country.  This must have just begun after
Jan. 20, 2001!  Does the press know yet?
"My health insurance runneth out".  Move to a smaller home; drive a more
frugal car; cut out the lattes; stop smoking; get a cheaper cel phone
plan; drop your cable TV and internet subscriptions; keep the pc one or
two generations longer; postpone the thru-hike until you have provided
for your family.  If health insurance is not a top priority of yours,
why do you think it should be the government's?
"My jobless child shall dwell in my basement forever".  Since this is a
paraphrase of the 23rd Psalm, I suggest you turn to the book of
Proverbs.  Chapter 22, Verse 6 says, "Train up a child in the way he
should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."  As a parent,
my job is to train up good, moral, self-sufficient children.  With one
of the lowest unemployment levels in our nation's history, maybe you
should get your kid the classified section everyday until he gets off
his butt and looks for work!

Sincerely,

Lars Nilsson