[pct-l] PCT photos for PCT Data Book

Here at Wilderness Press we're working on the 2005 edition of the
Pacific Crest Trail Data Book, an update of Benedict "Gentle Ben" Go's
summary of the entire trail. We're keeping it succinct and portable,
but it looks like we have a single blank page near the front available
for...something. Here's my idea: I'd like to fill it with a collage of
photos of people on the PCT, preferably showing hikers with PCT trail
signs along the trail. Probably the printed images will end up being
quite small, especially if I get a number of submissions, but I'm
hoping to convey some of diversity of the human experience on the
trail.

If you'd like to submit an image, or images, please follow these
simple guidelines:

-Images must be digital, and high enough resolution to print, but
under 1MB. Color or b&w is OK. You can email them directly to me at
the above email address. Please put the words "PCT photo" in the
header.
-Please include your full name (or that of the photographer) in the
email, plus a simple statement giving us permission to reproduce the
image in The PCT Data Book and to crop as necessary.
-We're not able to pay, but if we use your image we'll credit you in
the book. And I could be talked into sending you a copy of the book
after it's published.
-Deadline for sending me images is this Friday, Nov. 19th.

Thanks for your indulgence!

Roslyn Bullas
Managing Editor, Wilderness Press