[pct-l] RE: Portable Word Processing Keyboard

Dude wrote:

> I have one of these devices [Alphasmart] and I would not use it on a hike. way
too heavy. a palm or handspring would be much lighter. they also have tiny
keyboards that fold out to full size. personally, I prefer a digital voice
recorder to make notes of my photos, however, this makes for more work when you
get home because you have to transcribe the notes.

Shop around for one of the digital recorders that has software allowing you
to download the files into your word processor. Saves typing. Try also to
find one that uses memory cards, either SD or xD, that can store lost of
files. I believe Olympus has several models.

John Vonhof
http://www.footworkpub.com
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes, 3rd edition
Subscribe to the free monthly ezine on foot care at my website