[pct-l] knee pain

Hi list,

I just returned from a five day "pretraining" hike on the AT through
the Shenandoah NP. While I was on the trail, I started to notice a pain
on the outside of my left knee whenever I was going downhill. Towards
the end of the hike it was pretty bad, stiff and sort of a shooting
pain when pressure was applied. Has anyone had this problem, and do you
have any stretches or suggestions for ways to avoid this in the future?

Never had a knee problem before and pissed off,