From: Michael Lissner [mailto:mlissner@benchpro.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 1:56 PM
To: Mike Saenz
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Food advise

I've tried a number of different simple breakfasts including oatmeal
with this and that in it, cereal with rehydrated milk, pancakes and
bagels. Of them all, I find that grabbing a bagel and just eating as I
hike my first few switchbacks gives me a lot of energy for the first
couple of hours, at which point I eat another one, which keeps hunger at
bay until lunch. It's not hot, and it's not amazing, but it is simple
carbs, and that is what we need out there from what I have been reading.

I have found that with such a simple breakfast, I am up and out of camp
within less than half an hour from when I wake up on slow days.
Fast days can be as low as ten minutes if I wanted. I never realized how
slow breakfast was until I began doing bagels.

-mike