[pct-l] Intro and Hot Springs

I have been lurking on this list for a long time. I was finally able to get
out for a long hike this summer. We started at the Southern Kennedy Meadows in
early August and got off the trail at Sierra City just before the October
storms arrived. Not a fast hike but we had a wonderful time. Hopefully I will now
be able to contribute something from the point of view of a slow long distance
section hiker.

We stopped at the hot springs near Muir Trail Ranch and Iva Bell and enjoyed
both spots. What I haven?t seen mentioned is the large pond next to the Muir
Trail Ranch hot spring. Though not hot it wasn?t very cold either, making for a
pleasant swim.

Frank Dumville
San Diego