[pct-l] Re: Where exactly are Bear Canisters required?

Gary is right, I should have emphasized that Ursacks besides being
illegal in the Sequoia-Kings Canyon & Yosemite areas, don't work
there. The bears are too educated. You will see lots of bear scat in
that area with plastic in it. North of Yosemite you will see wild bear
scat - no plastic, and I think an Ursack is a reasonable option. They
are more of a nuisance to use than the cannisters as it takes some
effort to get the plastic bag sealed well, to get the drawstring tight
enough to keep out mice, and to tie them at eye level around a tree as
recommended.

--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html