From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of
Trekker4@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 5:16 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] introduction

    I've been reading the PCT-L for a couple of weeks. To introduce myself,
I've got somewhere around 3,500 mi hiking experience: AT 2000 (12 hikes over
21
years), 75% of the Colorado Trail (balance in Aug 05), over 350 miles in Big
Bend NP, and over 30 miles in Guadalupe Mountains NP.
    I'm already preparing for my first PCT hike, Mexican Border to Tuolumne
Meadow this spring, and will be at ADZPCTKO; I'm looking forward to that
gathering. I've rejoined the PCTA; I've bought the Guidebook, Databook, and
Townbook; and I've also bought Karen Berger/Daniel Smith's book and Yogi's
book, both
very helpful. Thanks, Yogi, I know you read this list, and I hope the CDT is
going well or finished; and thanks Karen and Daniel, if you read this.
    On the PCT-L I'll have some questions and make some comments, trying not
to mix subjects or make inane comments. I've already done a lot of PCT prep,
marking books or photocopied pages, and I'm spending a lot of time
researching
on the Inet to reduce my pack weight.

1st Contri to follow immediately,
Bob Brewer
Big Bend Desert Denizen
(Naturalized Citizen, Republic of Texas)