[pct-l] JMT Permit Question

It took me about 5 minutes to get a full JMT permit
inlcluding (FREE!!) Whitney stamp. I went to the
Yosemitie ranger station in Tuloumne meadows (they seem
a lot more mellow out there???); stood in line longer
than it took to write the permit which included all the
forests your mentioned by default. You just had to
specifiy some bivy sites approximately and swear you
will take a bear canister and abide by the other rules
which was a 2 minute lecture. (Oh! This was last year)

Richard