[pct-l] the KICK-OFF

Hey Howard;

Good to hear from you again. If you go to the web site (http://siechert.org/adz/), they havn't updated it for next year, but notice that it is the 3rd week of April?

I have been told that it will be on Saturday April 23rd. I am planning on being there on Saturday, although it goes Thursday-Sunday. Saturday is the big day.

Some people aparently start on Friday and hike into the Kick off Friday night. Then continue on Sunday. I am planning on going to the Kick off and taking a day off (Sunday) and Starting (Monday, April 25th, 2005).

If you mean how many thru-hikers are at the kick off, it was reported to be around 200 last year. If you mean how many start at the same time or same day, I don't know...To many varibles to give a good estemate. If you want a bell curve though over a 4 day period, I bet you would get more than 200 from Thursday to Monday (April 25th)

hope that helps.
-Mountain Goat-
www.geocities.com/pct_2005

Norma <n.ruiz@verizon.net> wrote:
Can any body tell me just when the kick-off starts from the Mexican Border ? at least there is 3 or 400 leaveing on the same day, Howard the "BULL"