[pct-l] Pre-training

When I was "training" for the 130 mile walker pass trip, I just went on longer and longer all day hikes on Saturdays. Recovered on Sundays and went back to work.  Went from a 4hour hike to a 9 hour hike at ~3mph. So 9 hours would be about 27 miles, but no backpack, just a tiny fanny pack and a pint of water.

This got me in shape for the backpack, but I can't vouch for if it did much for preparing for the Southern California heat. When Snickers and I went, it got abnormaly cool.

Just under 6 months before the PCT Thru hike!

-Mountain Goat-
www.geocities.com/pct_2005