[pct-l] Dress Me Up & Pack Me Out - Sleeping Bag/System

Aloha All!

In my effort to cut weight and do whatever is necessary to complete a PCT thru-hike, I'm now reevaluating my current sleeping system.  Right now I have three bags to choose from:  my Feathered Friends Raven (10*, down, slightly overstuffed in the footbox, weight of 2# 10+ oz (I think)), a Moonstone 3D Optima (10*, polarguard, long, weight 3# 4oz (used for kayak camping), and a North Face Blue Kazoo (20*, down, cut wider, weight of 3#, 3 oz (I think)).

I used the North Face on the '01 AT hike, the Feathered Friends on the '03 AT hike and the Moonstone when kayak camping.  They're all good bags but I tended to sleep colder in the North Face.  The Feathered Friends allowed me to sleep downright toasty warm and naked on some nights where everyone one else was wearing everything they had and still freezing!  On the other hand, it good be too hot at times.  The Moonstone really isn't even a consideration but I thought I'd throw it out.  I also used a bag liner but have since learned (from you smart folks) about using a second set of silk longjohns instead.  Multi-purpose.  Love it!

I'm hearing much about the Western Mountaineering Ultralite and Versalite.  Thoughts on these or any others?

As always, any and all comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Aloha! Ann

Aloha! Ann