[pct-l] Rescue Efforts Underway for Stranded Sierra Hikers

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/national/index.ssf?/base/national-32/1098363853268870.xml&storylist=national

Eight more hikers (two of the groups of four) have been rescued....That just leaves the four whitney hikers and the solo hiker in the inyo forest.

Craig Milo Rogers <rogers@isi.edu> wrote:
Here are a few followup articles. Two Japanese climbers died
on El Capitan. Note the four missing Mt. Whitney hikers -- since
they were taking a "four day" route, they may well have been on the PCT,
via Horseshoe Meadow.

http://www.bakersfield.com/local/story/5012071p-5074093c.html
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/10/21/HIKERS.TMP
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2004/10/21/state0305EDT7090.DTL
http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/11157633p-12073775c.html

Craig "Computer" Rogers

As long as I live, I'll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I'll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche. I'll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can.
-- John Muir