[pct-l] stretching?

I stretched every day on the PCT this summer.  I tried to stretch a bit at
every break but that didn't always happen. I didn't have much of a routine,
I just made sure my calves, hamstrings, and shins were stretched out.  A
great stretch for preventing shin splints is to sit on your heels with your
knees, shins and top of the feet along the ground.  I'm convinced that this
kept me from having shin splint problems but everyone is different.

Billygoat never stretches and he does just fine. In fact, lots of people
didn't stretch but lots of people also got hurt.