[pct-l] Re:Sandals

 I have always worn Tevas. Chacos don't fit my feet,
and that's the primary concern. Durability is not much
of an issue, as I have gotten as many as 1200 miles of
walking out of one pair (Terradactyls, but my current
pair of Cross Terras have almost that much use in
them).

 As for socks, the most durable ones I've used are
Early Winters' 1000 Mile Socks (I'm not sure if they
are still selling these).

 Bottom line: go with what fits you!

 Mike D

--- Jason Lee <jasonthelee@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Blake.
>
> Chacos are definitely the way to go.  I used them on
> my hike this year.
> Tevas and Keen will not last very long.  They just
> aren't as durable.
> Chacos also come in wide.  Best way to go is to try
> them on at the store and
> then buy some at ebay.
>
> Rain was never a problem.  Feet got cold in the
> Sierra.  Also got chilly in
> Washington state.  However, for the latter my feet
> would tend to warm up
> after walking for awhile.  I used all kinds of socks
> and always wore socks.
> My favorite were probably wigwam or ingenious.  I
> would tend to get more
> miles out of those brands than others.
>
> I haven;t worn anything other than Chacos since last
> April.  Wait.....I went
> running the other day in sneakers for the first
> time.  Feel free to email me
> if you have any questions.
>
> Jason "Ganj" Lee

=====
Don't panic!

" The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing."
http://www.freehueco.com