[pct-l] rain theory

 I lived in Portland, OR for many years as a commuter
cyclist and quickly gave up on any rain gear for prolonged rides and
instead just got wet and the ride kept me warm.  Of course, there was
always someplace warm to end up.  I was wondering if a similar theory
might work on the trail for prolonged rain ( I mean DAYS prolonged.)
Save the "breathable waterproof" rain gear and a set of warm clothes
for when hiking stops (which is generally when you are ready to set up
camp), hike in clothes that insulate when wet (maybe use an umbrella?)
 But anyway, the point is NOT to think you cant get wet while hiking
in prolonged rain, instead enjoy the wetness (by wearing the most
insulated clothes when wet(which is wool, fleece, or other
synthetics??) and maybe an umbrella) and keep moving.  I am assuming
Native Americans thrived in the Northwest and never had gore-tex.
Dan