[pct-l] pancakes and home again

Well, Darrell has joined the ranks of all the other fine hikers who could
not/have not completed the Seiad Valley Pancake Challenge.  Personally, I'm much
relieved to know that he was sensible enough not to push it.  He enjoyed just
2.5 pancakes and called it a day, knowing that he had to rise early and keep
trekkin' the next morning.

We met as planned at Callahan's on October 6th.  I took a quickie video of
his end zone dance as he touched base to the end of that PCT section.  We took
our time driving home, enjoying visits with friends and family along the way as
well as good down time watching the surf on Oregon and northern CA beaches.
Walks among the tall trees helped, too.

Now he has to deal with all the voice mail, email, snail mail and "stuff" of
life again.  That's the hardest part of all, I think.

Once again, thanks to all of you for your advice and support as Darrell
trekked this 1,700 miles.  It helped us both a lot.

Betsy