[pct-l] What do use to carry your 2 gallons per day of water in the desert?

For my desert activities I carry two 4 litre MSR dromlite bags. Empty
they weigh in at less than 4 oz's a piece, one of them I use with a
hydration kit, and you'll have over two gallons sitting on your back.
The only bummer is that you'll be hauling 16 pounds. :-)

Compare that to nalgene bottles (standard lexan) which are 6 oz's a
piece for 32 oz holding capacity.

I'd worry about putting boiling water into a dromlite bag to sleep
with on cold nights, as where the lexan nalgenes work like a charm for
that.

Eric