[pct-l] continuing the photo question

I've given up on the drugstore theory. I'm set on a canon powershot
a95, which uses AA's, and is 5 mega pixels. Should work good. I got a
nice polarized lense for it, and a an "ultrapod" that in addition to
being a sub 2 ounce tripod locks very nicely onto one of my trekking
poles, creating a perfect little monopod that only takes the time to
screw and unscrew the camera on and off.

512mb (half gig) flash cards are about $80, which means I could get
two of them, and hope all works out well. The 128mb's are $40, which
means I could get four of them, having a lot more "in circulation".
Either way, for 512mb of space, it's going to cost me $160, regardless
of whether I split it two or four ways. So it makes sense to split it
up four ways.

A 128mb card, depending upon settings, should give me about 150
pictures. I know some people snap a lot more than that, and so do I,
but honestly it only takes a few minutes of flipping through pictures
to pick out the crap ones, delete them, and save some space.

Hopefully I'll only be out memory cards one at a time, for a max of a
week, but even if I'm stuck down to one I should be fine. And in
places that I know have the digital service to read cards and put them
on a CD (which I can mail home), like Big Bear, I'll do that.