[BULK] - [pct-l] rain in section C

Just got back from a 3-day summit trip to San Gorgonio.
Friday- 7 miles and 4k gain. Camped at High Meadow Spring (10,200')
Saturday we day hiked the summit- 9 mile round trip to 11.5k.
Sunday (and here's the relevant part), I was wakened by a snow ball
thrown at my tent. Though we could see the front moving in Saturday
afternoon, sunset was tranquil and clear at 10k. After dinner (and an
oilcan), we assumed we dodged a bullet. Though the wind kicked up a
little after I sacked out, thoughts of adverse weather never entered my
mind...
After I awoke from the snowball, I peeked out of my tent...
Winter wonderland! There was 18" drifted up my tent and 6-12" on the
ground and on my tent!). It was awesome!
We broke camp fairly quickly as the wind was still howling and the snow
was still falling. Finding the main Divide Trail 200' above us was
interesting. The trail down to the campsite was sketchy enough without
the snow cover. We just hiked straight up the fall line to find the main
trail and from there the blazes on the trees marked the way down. The
snow cleared by 8k, and a steady rain followed us back to the trailhead.
As far as I know, the snow and rain is still falling.
Water was still available Friday and Saturday at all the springs in the
SGW, and of course, on Sunday, the trail itself was a stream.
I would venture to say that water along the San Gabes, San Bernardinos
and San Jack, between Agua Dulce and Anza will not be a problem.

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m