[pct-l] continuing the photo question

I think I'm sold on digital cameras over 35mm. I brought my current
FujFilm camera on a recent trip and it worked fine, especially when I
upgraded to the larger memory card. My friend told me about a neat
idea, and I wanted to see what you all think. The problem that I see
with a digital is that you're constantly filling up the memory card,
and need to save off the images to have a clear card and keep going.

Apparently Longs Drugs (and I would guess other photo / drug stores)
can read any of the memory card types, and place the files onto a cd
for a few dollars. Might take a couple of hours, but begging helps I
guess. From there you can put the memory card back into the camera,
delete all the current images, get a cd mailer envelope, mail your cd
back home, and you're off to a fresh memory card again.

The only question is making sure that you have enough drug / photo
stores along the way for this process to work. I snap about a hundred
pictures a week or so, taking it down to maybe 75 that seem "worthy",
meaning I'll fill up my card in about two weeks. I would imagine in
some stretches there are drugstores in towns you hit frequently, but
in others (and probably the most beautiful and scenic, as Murphy would
have it) there are none to be found.

Just wanted to bounce this idea around for a sanity check;

Eric

--
http://www.radpin.com