[pct-l] rae lakes loop

Speaking of bear canisters...

I am thinking of doing the Rae Lakes loop as a 46-mile ultralight (by my
standards) loop
this weekend, camping at Arrowhead Lake.
It's a hard way to get 15 PCT miles, but the weather forecast looks good.

According to http://www.nps.gov/seki/raelakes.htm, the bearboxes along the PCT from
Woods Creek to Vidette Meadow are for through-hikers only.    Is anybody official
going to be
checking this late in October?    If there is nobody around when I leave from the
road
end early on Saturday, I'll assume not, but if there is somebody in the
wilderness permit
booth I guess I'll have to deal with a bear canister.    I'll bring one in the car
just in case.