[pct-l] Re: scott williamson 1st yo-yo-attemp

I am doing some trail work in section B and Yes, for the next few weeks,
there will be 2-3 gallons of water @ hwy 74
(200 yads north of hwy 74 behind the monument)

>>> <CharlieJones@aol.com> 10/7/2004 2:03:45 PM >>>

In a message dated 10/6/2004 9:11:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Bighummel
writes:

Jeff Zimmerman and I also ran into a south bounder, "Sevant",  just
north of
Donner Summit last Thursday, who is 5 to 6 days  behind Scott and doing
well
and moving at a 32 to 36 miles per day pace.   Just think, 6 days at 36
miles
per day is 216 miles!

If you are one of the fantastic water caching trail angels, would  you
please
consider putting out a gallon or two to help these  guys? Sevant
thought that
there may be another south bounder behind  him.  However, weather
issues in
the high Sierra may shut down  anyone behind soon.

Debbie and I carried in 5 gallons today and left them at the Third
gate in
the San Felipe Hills. There were still 12 gallons there from  last
May/June.
That brought the total to 17 gallons at the 3rd gate cache on
10/7/04.

Barrel Springs trough was full and the pipe was flowing normally.

Charlie