[pct-l] Sleepless and Stargate (Missed TV shows)

I believe I initially suggested the antihistamine alternative.  Someone raised a question about long term use.

I'm not a doctor nor is this the word of God playing doctor.
My doctor , for another reason, prescribes antihistamine to me daily added on to the sleep issue.  I trust her.

More evidence of safety, another doctor:

The doctor on Stargate said her and Daniel Jackson take antihistamines on a daily basis for allergies.  Because of this  they were not affected by a virus that regressed all the other personnel on the base into pre stone age animals.  Samantha's sexual instincts got so strong that she attacked Jack trying to mate.  (Surveys say viewers want them to get together.)  The doctor discovered that her and Daniel were not affected  by the virus because her and Daniel took antihistamines on a daily basis.  Antihistamines were the cure for his virus.  The point is another doctor saw no problem with repeated use of antihistamines.  (In anther episode they killed her off and she's no longer on the show.)  I didn't like that.  Also she took antihistamines because the writers needed a doctor sane enough to save the day.

By the way, antihistamines didn't help my increasing primal instincts on the trail.

I hiked four and a half months this summer (PCT).  Even in motels I never got to watch Stargate.  Although I strongly hinted, my girlfriend didn't tape it for me, but she did keep me updated.  Is this just a hiking hazard or has anyone found another solution for their favorite show, perhaps a trail angel or any other solution.

Monty Tam
Warner Springs
metam01@earthlink.net