[pct-l] Urban Environmental Exposure and a Fresh Start.

On April 11th, 2005 I will attempt to hike the PCT again.  I tried in 2000
and was unable to complete.  I hiked for 1580 miles and it was the greatest
experience of my life.

As the global environment increasingly suffers the impact of our industrial
society, the PCT and other long distance trails provides an excellent
starting point to tell the story of nature and life to many people who live
in urban areas.  Many of these people have a difficult time relating to
environmental issues due to nothing more than lack of education and
experience.

I am interested in helping people to see the benefits of protecting our
environment.  The problem is...  I'm not very creative.  Some would even say
"not that smart".  So, I'm looking for some fresh ideas.

What do PCT hikers have to offer?  Can anyone give me some ideas on how I
can share effectively the thru-hiker experience with urban people and have a
positive influence on their views?

Thanks,
The PEDestrian