[pct-l] Sleepless on the trail

I had the same problem off and on the trail.

I found a few things that helped me:

1)  My doctor recommended an.........................antihistamine?
Cheap, over-the-counter, Walmart "Equate Allergy Medication"
Diphenhydramine HCI.  One usually does it.  She said one or two.
It's lighter than a dose of Tylenol.  Works!

2)  Before attempting sleep, put on your headlamp and read your maps, data
books, etc. for the next day.   Write.

3) I just heard this one and it worked for me.  If I toss and turn for more
than 15 minutes,  GET UP?
Do something.   I put on my headlamp and read maps, supply strategies,
trail data, and my town book.
Works!

4)Preventative
     a) Hike-  After 20 to 30 miles you'll sleep well.  Hopefully on a
Thermarest rather than on a hospital bed.
     b) Hike-  Hike late into the evening so all you have time for is a
quick camp set up and a quick dinner.
     c) Hike-  Start hiking early.  Start hiking before it's light.

I'd