From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Eric
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 10:15 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] MSR Dromlite bags

It seems that everyone loves camelback / platypus style bags, but
aknowledges that they are fairly weak and wear out pretty quick. At least
that's what I get out of reading journals and a few first hand accounts.

The MSR Dromlite bags seem notorious for being twenty shades of
indestructable, and have a kit that converts them to hydration systems (tube
and a bite valve). I've heard several people who have dirven their cars over
dromlite bags (when the bags are full of water), dragged them behind cars by
ropes, frozen them, and thrown them off buildings, all without bursting or
tearing.

So I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with the 4 litre Dromlite
bag and hydration kit, or perhaps opinions about it? Seems like a sound
upgrade to the platypus bladder.

Eric
--