[pct-l] Washington TRAIL Gorillas appreciation

Just completed a 320 mile section in Washington and the TRAIL conditions were great.  Double kudos to whoever is responsible.  Living in Southern California the trail gorillas have to be concerned about fires and the after math floods but in WASHINGTON the trails transform into streams which runs havock on the trail and for the most part the entire trail would have a much higher rating than par.  There was even a four foot wall that was built through a rock/avalange just south of the Goat Rocks...... shoot that must have taken a whole team a week to complete.  Never saw such a perfect wall - - out in the middle of nowhere.  After a full week of torrential rain I was amazed a crew had already gotten out there and cleaned up most of  the rain shoots and downed trees.  So not only have the done a great job of designing the trail they are incredibily efficient in maintinance.

Of the 320 miles there were only two areas that IMO need to have some minor work --- NORTH of Pyrmid Peak to the long downhill to Tacoma Pass there were quite a few downed trees and some brush work.  The second place was just NORTH of Whites Pass --- I was hiking south and between the stock tracks, and recent rains and the lack of signs I got off the trail and ended up hitting the road half way to packwood.  Since there is a myriad of mulitple trails just having signs would have solved this problem.

Every time I hike the PCT it makes me appreciate those who have slaved to make the trail and I want to give back.  Pickax Pete give me a call!

Duane - shutterbug