[pct-l] After trip thoughts

Hi all,

I'm just back home from the pct. home is Europe so I do feel far away :)
and though the timing could match, no, I didn't thru-hike, just a one
month section in northern Washington but I feel nevertheless prompted to
share some thoughts here.

The trip was wonderful, everything I could expect and more. We felt
overwhelmed, in a positive sense, by the all the help we got every time
we needed it and by how welcoming and friendly everybody was to us. A
huge highlight for us has been the wonderful atmosphere while on the
trail, it was a real pleasure to chat with anybody we met. It was like
everybody seemed to belong there, which is a great feeling. This is
important and it's the basic reason why we chose the pct and why we
chose northern Washington and why it's been our fourth year in a row
visiting North America in our holidays... in Europe, the backcountry is
so much more easily acessible it's quite easy to meet people that just
simply don't belong there, I guess you know what I mean, and that
somehow spoil the whole backcountry experience. We are so glad it never
happened while on the pct. I particularly recall moments like when after
three days of non-stop rain we met somebody who offered us a smile and
some funny comments about enjoying the weather and suddenly the rain
didn't matter that much and the pack didn't feel so heavy. I can just
hope we contributed equally to keep the good vibes.

So I want to send a big thank you to everybody out there who made this
so special, even if they're not reading this. That goes too to all the
people from the list that helped/cared/whatever.

On a more practical note, and as I haven't seen this mentioned in any
guidebook or info source, I hope it's not too obvious: you can easily
ressuply in Stehekin by phoning a supermarket in Chelan and ordering
from them. I think they're called Good Apple (or something similar) and
their number is at the phone booth in Stehekin. If you order before 3 pm
you'll have the goods delivered on the Lady Express next morning just on
time for the mid-morning shuttle bus ride, 04 schedule.

Inaki
any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

"Este mensaje y los ficheros adjuntos pueden contener información
confidencial destinada solamente a la(s) persona(s) mencionadas
anteriormente. Pueden estar protegidos por secreto profesional Si usted
recibe este correo electrónico por error, gracias de informar inmediatamente
al remitente y destruir el mensaje.
Al no estar asegurada la integridad de este mensaje sobre la red, Atos
Origin no se hace responsable por su contenido. Su contenido no constituye
ningún compromiso para el grupo Atos Origin, salvo ratificación escrita por
ambas partes.
"Aunque se esfuerza al máximo por mantener su red libre de virus, el emisor
no puede garantizar nada al respecto y no será responsable de cualesquiera
daños que puedan resultar de una transmisión de virus"