[pct-l] death of a hiker

Chiming in.... I don't think the original message was ever intended to be
offensive. I see where Joanne is coming from, however. Some of the
discusssion concerning pack weight does, on occasion,  get  a little petty,
if not ridiculous. But I didn't recognize the message concerning Sarah's
drowning as being part of that. There are some safety issues worth
reinforcing in all of us that we are now discussing as a result. I think the
admonitions are helpful and not offensive to the family nor the memory of
this young woman. The next time I do a dangerous crossing, I will have
better odds at avoiding tragedy because of this incident and the discussion
it generated.