[pct-l] Re: stoves

So what does this leave as possibilities for stove use??
----- Original Message -----
From: "The Mountain Goat" <themtgoat@yahoo.com>
<pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Re: stoves

> I justed looked up on the PCTA web site, and they said
>
> "Solid-fuel stoves (e.g., Esbit), open-flame alcohol stoves (e.g.,
"Pepsi(TM)" stoves), and even Coleman fuel stoves are prohibited everywhere
in the Forest at present. I just called the Forest Supervisor's office and
verified these details.
> Candles as light or heat sources are prohibited. Smoking is prohibited,
except inside enclosed vehicles or buildings.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/news/2004/news-2004-07-23-fire_rx_new.shtml
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/documents/fire_rx_order_7_23_2004.pdf

http://www.pcta.org/planning/during_trip/Trail_con_SC.asp?sect=B