[pct-l] Re: Mt. Whitney question

I've hiked that a few times and you should have no problem doing that in a day. I would go above guitar to just above a small lake and just below where the trail starts the climb up at about 12000'.  There are several tent sites there and running water. This way you can get a head start.

Steve

>From Guitar Lake how long would it take a
in-fairly-good-shape-45-year-old-guy-with-possibly-gimpy-knees-
after-3-days-hiking-from-Cottonwood-Pass to get up to
Whitney and then back down the other side to Whitney
Portal?<