[pct-l] Class of 2005 Crossing Snoqualmie Pass

Yesterday, Friday the 13th, I took a day hike on the PCT north of Snoqualmie
Pass, where I encountered advance elements of the Class of 2005. I saw
Pepper, Nacho and Squeeky, who all looked in great shape and were getting
ready for their final push to Canada. They said they thought they were the
first in the class to get this far. They were certain to finish before the
end of the month, despite the rigors of the detour around the western side
of Glacier Peak. The trail telegraph had already spread word to them that it
"sucks," with a lot of rough trail, steep grades and brush.

By the way, there is trail work going on north of Snoqualmie Pass between
Ridge Lake and Lemah Creek.  Signs posted at the trailhead warned the
sections of the trail may be closed for 15-30 minutes due to blasting and
other trial maitenance work.

Tom

Tom Griffin
PCT Pages: http://staff.washington.edu/griffin/pct.html