[pct-l] re: hiking speed vs packweight

I too never understood the concept of going
fast=enjoying less.

The first point of contention is "What is fast?" Some
people (myself included) bo "big miles" (yet another
fuzzy term) by hiking long days. I enjoy starting
early and hiking all day. Truth be told I love to hike
and find myself indifferent to camping.

As with Dude, find myself enjoying the challenge of
speedy hikes. I have three weeks to do the CO
trail...it is what I plan on doing it in. Do not know
how much more I will see going at 20 MPD vs 25 MPD.

Then again, it is my hike. It is what I enjoy.

Some peopl love hiking 10 miles or less per day and
spending lots of time in camp. That's cool, too. Just
not for me.

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com