[pct-l] Some questions on Hwy 138 to Cacade Locks

Good morning, Larry,

You should find good water availability this time of year.  The snow pack in
the central/northern part of the Oregon Cascades is good, and you will end
up walking on some of it.

In my opinion, the only troublesome varmints on the entire PCT are the
people who feed camp bears, and intuitions that foster the behavior.  Most
of that activity is associated with National Parks, and Oregon has only one,
Crater Lake, and it is not bear-intensive.  In the Oregon Cascades there are
lots of wild black bears but they also act like wild bears and keep out of
site.  In 44 years of hiking in the Pacific Northwest I have never used
bear-resistant food storage, and have never suffered food loss to bears.  In
a '99 hike of Oregon PCT I saw only one bear, and it was a cub playing in
the low limbs of a tree on Benson Plateau about 2 hours south of Cascade
Locks.  If you take the Eagle Creek alternate ... and you really should ...
you will avoid Benson entirely.

For me misquotes are not a problem, they are an iterant.  That is, provided
they are smaller than a robin.

Big-Foot probably won't make an appearance this year.  He is busy monitoring
PCT-L for a clue of where and when Squatch will film WALK-2 so he can get in
on a piece of the action.

It should be a great trip.  Enjoy....

Steel-Eye