[pct-l] Additional sightings

Thought I would share a few sightings from the Hat Creek Rim and Burney Falls area over the past 3 days.  I headed up that way to summit Mt. Shasta and decided to provide some Rim Trail water caches for Team Greasepot, Pickle, and Lord Tea.  I met them in Old Station on Thursday afternoon.  While at Old Station I noted in the hiker log that Amigo mentioned that a 50 gallon water cache is being maintained just a few hundred yards south of road 22 along the rim.  Today I came through the rim trail again to pick up the trash from my water caches and checked out this cache as well.  Great cache and there is even a bench and covered shade for weary hikers.  Way to go Amigo!  I also received noted that Tall Paul, Ken and Nancy, and GraveDigger and Gummy Girl made it through the Rim Trail today.

On Thursday I also ran into James and his dog Boomer.  James  said he also wanted to summit Mt. Shasta and decided to skip ahead and hitch with me up to the Mt. Shasta BunnyFlat summit trailhead.  We left Friday morning at 2:00 a.m. (alpine start) and summited later in the day.  James flat out kicked-butt up to the summit.  I have summited three times and never have I seen anyone go up that fast.  With me and my climbing partners in climbing boots, ice axes, and crampons, James made us look silly with his TrailRunners, no crampons, no ice axe, and no lighting.

After we completed the hike I dropped him off in Castella (start of section P) on Friday evening. Nice kid and I wish him the best as he hikes his hike.

Jeff Singewald