[pct-l] delurking, and snow conditions in southern Oregon

Why, yes, I do! If you started at Callahan's/Siskiyou Summit/I-5, you'd be
in for smooth sailing. There should be no snow all the way to Hwy. 140.
North of there, you will find some patches. Central Oregon still has quite a
bit of snow, but it's melting fast after an abnormally cool May and June.

As for Seiad Valley to Ashland, it is quite possible you will encounter some
drifts there, but not nearly as bad as last year. Mt. Ashland (7500') still
has snow on it. The NW ridge of Observation Peak tends to have the worst
spot. Some years it's a 15' high bank that stays until August; this year it
is likely considerably less.

If you'd like an easy warm up to your trip, start w/ OR's section B at I-5.
The climb out of Seiad Valley is one of the toughest on the PCT. You'd also
be avoiding any snow issues until the Sky Lakes Wilderness.

As an Oregonian, you will no doubt already know that starting your trip in
early July will expose you to the worst mosquitoes, especially in the Sky
Lakes, Diamond Peak, and 3 Sisters Wildernesses. Just be prepared.

Judson
Ashland
91 degrees and sunny