From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Joanne Lennox
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 1:08 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Snow inthe cascades.

Well, the sun finally came out and I can see the mountains which are covered
with thick new snow down to about 5,500 in the Darington,  NOrthWest
Cascades areas.  Mt Chaval which tops out at 7,000 ft is plastered and the
snow goes out of sight before an intervening ridge obscures the new snow
line.  May be less snow to the East where the PCT is rerouted, but here it
looks like the snowpack is still at 5,000 feet or below on the NOrth side of
the peaks.

Goforth