[pct-l] landmarks on Highway 108, and Highway 50 and Highway 80 near Lake Tahoe

My husband and I are PCT section hikers who live in the San Francisco Bay Area. This Summer we're planning several long weekend hikes in Northern California which are made possible by some very kind friends who are willing to pick us up at our exit points. Three of those section hikes end where the PCT crosses Highway 108 at Sonora Pass, Highway 50 near Echo Lake and highway 80 near Donner. Since the PCT is not usually (well) marked from the road I was wondering if any of you know of useful landmarks I can tell our friends to look for. Thank you for any information you can share!
Jo